Verifying z/OS agent prerequisites
Use the verification scripts that were supplied with the installation package to verify the z/OS system is ready for installation and that all prerequisites have been completed.
The scripts verify the following prerequisites:
- Java version
- Status of the RACF class PROGRAM
- Availability of network ports
- Firewall rules permitting access to target storage
The following information must be supplied to run the script:
- z/OS Java home directory
- Temporary work directory
- Object storage IP/DNS and port
To run the verification script:
- 1.Upload the z/OS verification JCL from
/PrereqsScripts/zOS. Use ASCII transfer type.
- 2.Edit and the JCL according to instructions in the comment, submit and review the RC and messages in SYSTSPRT DD.